Nestled in an old growth ohia forest at the top of gated Kaohe Ranch Estates this thoughtfully planned & meticulously managed property (no invasive plant species) is very rare & unique for West Hawaii.; In addition to the ohia forest there are many other rare native trees & plants. This unique 5.65 acre property is located at an elevation of approx. 1,750' where in the past 15 years has recorded an average rainfall of approximately 70".
Gracing the property is a custom built 1bd/1.5ba two story home that blends in perfectly to the surrounding pristine environment & has an outstanding ocean & coastline view. Close by is a tastefully updated single level 1bd/1ba cottage.
Notable features of the main residence:-
* Covered lanai (744 sq ft) with Trex flooring that wraps around the entire upper floor.
* Covered & screened lanai (144 sq ft) on the ground floor.
* Granite counter tops.
* Interior flooring—upper level bamboo & ground floor-Italian porcelain tile.
* Solar hot water.
* Central vacuum.
Notable features of the Cottage:-
* 448 sq ft of covered lanai.
* Propane fireplace.
* On demand hot water.
* Oak flooring.
* Under-story space with room for a workshop & storage.
Other notable features:-
* Three 10,000 gallon catchment water tanks with submersible pressure pumps, ultra violet treatment & three phases of filtering.
* Property is fenced with hog wire.
* An aviary & outdoor shower.
* A lockable gated entrance & 900' of cement driveway to the main house that meanders through a magnificent botanical landscape.
* A roadway that accesses the top of the property as well as walking pathways.
* A successful plant nursery DBA—South Kona Nursery occupies approx. three quarters of an acre, with irrigation system & potting shed. The nursery plant/tree inventory together with tools, equipment & website are available under a separate Bill of Sale.
DAYS ON MARKET
Kaohe Ranch Estates
||Dishwasher, Microwave, Range Hood, Range/Oven, Refrigerator
||Double Wall, Wood Frame
||Ceiling-Vaulted, Ceilings-9'+, Exterior Lighting, Landscaped, Smoke/Heat Detector, Storage Area, Track Lighting, Walking/Jogging Path
||Ceramic Tile, Hardwood
||None, Other (remarks)
|LOT DESCRIPTION - LAND
||Cul de sac
||Cell, Land Line
||1031 Exchange, Cash, Conventional
||Bay, Coastline, Forest, Garden, Ocean, Ocean Horizon, Sunset
||Dryer, None, Washer
We respect your online privacy and will never spam you. By submitting this form with your telephone number
you are consenting for Ryan
Milligan to contact you even if your name is on a Federal or State
"Do not call List".
Listed with Sue Brown Realty and Associates
© 2019 MLS Hawaii, Inc. All rights reserved.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.